Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Delurk, I demand you!

Okay, so I feel like I've been neglecting this blog I started, for which I had high hopes. I thought I would be a literary genious, writing wittily about my everyday life and everyday opinions. However this it has not become. And I think it's because of three things. Firstly, because I'm quite frustrated with Blogger. Maybe it's more my frustration with my lack of internet blogging skills. I wish I knew how to write my own scripts (is that the right word even?). It's just that with blogger most of the work is done for you - you just write and post - which is great, but it seems like ever since I got my Mac I can't do certain things - like centre my photo titles, and add links. Just writing them now sounds silly - like they're no big deal, but they are a big deal. The other culprit waging against my blog is Facebook. Facebook is addictive, and unlike what your momma might tell you - yes, everybody's doing it. And, it has been a long long time since anyone really posted any comments on my blog, so I feel like no one reads it anyway. On Facebook however, there's comments all the time! Mostly on old vintage pics of us all looking stupid (and young, which isn't so bad). So should I abandon this blog of mine? Should I try to commit wholeheartedly to Facebook and see if there's a way to have the best of both worlds on one site? With this dilemma in mind, I am proclaiming this week Rhonda's delurking week. Let me know if you read my blog, and if you think I should commit to blogging better - and, by the way, if you know of a better host that blogger - or maybe you just have internet blog tips.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Hey Rhonda,
I read you blog. I usually am too lazy to comment though. In fact I'm too lazy or maybe busy to update my own blog . . . :o) Keep posting though - I enjoy reading. How are you doing? How's work? When are you coming to Salt Spring next - we should connect then.

monotonyOchange said...

i read! i read!
your blog helped me feel connected while i was away (and unable to comment for some crazy computer-confounding reason)...... BLOG!....even if it isn't as often as you had hoped.....especially when we (the nurses) work such stupid shifts.....it can get really hard to get together.....
BLOG!
(kirstin)