Monday, January 1, 2007

A New Year - A New Blog

I've done it! I've started a blog. I've been wanting to start one for some time now, but have thought that there's not much point to a blog that doesn't have photos - so, thanks to the parents, this Christmas I received a digital camera and now, January 1st 2007, I am starting a blog. I don't know how long it will last, but I'm doing it. I've recently gotten myself immersed into the world of knitting blogs. So, part of this blog is my attempt to present myself as someone worthy of having a knitting blog to call my own. However, since I've never actually made another more difficult a scarf, I do not feel worthy enough to actually label myself as a knitting blogger. I would also be quite embarrassed if someone like knitandtonic or the infamous yarnharlot were to somehow come across my so-called knitting blog. (FYI - these are my two favorite knitting blogs that I check somewhat obsessively and, admittedly, I do get quite upset when I go to their ites and there is still the same old posting from the last time I checked) So, I am starting my own blog to tell you all about my very important opinions and show off my oh-so-fabulous social life, but it will also covertly be a showcase for all my crafty wares. I've named the blog "legacy" after a song by Nicole Nordeman that challenges me to think of how I will be remembered on this earth, what will I do that makes a difference, what sets me apart, makes me unique in other's eyes. For 2007 I am expecting a lot of changes (which I will tell you about soon enough) so I am also using this blog as a way of journaling my new life. I hope you enjoy it, and I hope I do too.




3 comments:

Brad and Samantha said...

welcome to the blogging world! Cant wait to hear about the crazy stories from the hospital. Be sure to post lots of pictures! Hope you had a great new years.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading all of your adventures....Happy 2007!!

Jamiedelweiss said...

Rhonda, cool, I always thought it would be cool to get all the teens doing this with youth group (have a blog ring together). I'm back in Richmond now, I luv my hi-speed internet here. talk to you soon.