Friday, January 19, 2007

A good piece of flannel is hard to find



(there's supposed to be a YouTube clip here but it's not showing up and I've got to go to bed...it's late and work awaits early tommorrow.)


Okay, so I figured out how to download / upload (whatever) from YouTube, but I did this like, three days ago and it finally showed up on the blog. I can only vaguely remember why I even tried to updownload it. I think it went something like this. I'm all done school, and I don't know what to do with myself "when I'm alone." I stand or sit or stand again in my apartment and don't know what to do. I'm also more aware of my aloneness. I've heard this country song on the radio a few times that talks about a soft place to land, and I finally understand what that means. Coming home after work and not having anything in particular to do has magnified the stillness of just me in my apartment. While being busy (alone) doing BootCampIT homework at home (alone) my hobbies all fell by the wayside and I've had to try to rummage through all that nursing knowledge in my brain and find my memories from when I once had a life long long ago. Don't worry, since then I've gotten really excited about being done. Yesterday Lindsey and I went to Steveston and we were walking down the sidewalk and I felt this sense of relief and enjoyment come over me that I do not recall feeling before, well maybe in Mexico I did. I was actually enjoying myself without any worries of having to go to work, write a paper, perform in the hospital.... It was strange, unusual and good.


I've always like to sew, and I haven't sewn much the past few years. I'm also on an environmental awareness / sense of responsibility kick and so I'm really into "repurposed" items and buying things that won't fill up a garbage dump. So today I went to Value Village and bought all these old pillow cases (for the fabric) from which I am determined to make something useful and awesome looking. Perhaps I'll even be able to sell them on Etsy. I've thought about funky aprons, headbands, bags, etc. Here's a picture.



So maybe I'll show you what I've done once I've done it. I am supposed to me studying for the RN exam that is in 2 weeks (yikes) so I will have to set myself aside once again and just finish this whole school thing once and for all.

Here's pic of Kyla about to dig into a really great Rolo ice cream cake from Boston Pizza. Don't worry, I had my fork ready too - a bunch of us shared it.



It was good.
P.S. Happy Birthday Luke, again.

No comments: