Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I already ate the hugs, kisses, half the gum, and I'm sucking on the mint as we speak.

Not because I needed it, but just because it was there. You know on Christmas morning you open your stocking and sometimes get good candy or a magazine or something, and the first thing you do is sample a little bit of everything? Take a bit of that toblerone, read a few pages of the magazine or book, toss the orange aside (of course) and maybe file a few nails with the new pack of nailfiles you got, all while lying on the carpet in front of the fireplace, only to return later in the day to check all your loot out again. Well, I do that with a lot of the new things I get.

I was given this yesterday at work by the Spiritual Care Services worker. Otherwise know as a Chaplain. (Apparently the Pope deemed that only males could call themselves "chaplain" so this equally educated and ordained woman has to call herself a Spiritual Care Services worker, or I think she said she goes by "Reverend." Whatever....)

Back to the posting. The "this" that I'm talking about is my new "Life Survival Kit." Take a look at it in the picture.

Enclosed within is a note explaining the contents. I think it's kind of cute. Here it is:

Life's Survival Kit

TOOTHPICK - to remind you to pick out the good qualities in others (Matt. 7:1)

RUBBER BAND - to remind you to be flexible. Things might not always go the way you want, but it will work out. (Romans 8:28).

BAND AID - to remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or someone else's. (Colossians 3:12-14).

PENCIL - to remind you to list your blessings everyday. (Ephesians 1:3).

ERASER - to remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and it's okay. (Genesis 50:15-21).

CHEWING GUM - to remind you to stick with it, and you can accomplish anything. (Phil 4:13).

MINT - to remind you that you are worth a mint. (John 3:16-17).

CANDY KISS & HUG - to remind you that everyone needs a kiss or a hug everyday. (John 4:7).

TEA BAG - to remind you to relax daily and go over your list of blessings. (1 Thes.5:18).

I like it. I think it's a good idea.

2 comments:

Brad and Samantha said...

That's really cute Rhonda.. I like it alot!
Sam:)
p.s. hope your new job is going well for ya!

Hillary said...

That would make SUCH a good gift idea!

One of the teachers at my school does something very similar with her grade 2's at the beginning of the year. Exactly the same iea, but the items/descriptions are a little more geared to the younger ones.

I'd like to do the same thing for my class next year - give out a bag and go over it at the beginning of the year!